~ Just in case you need yet another margarita recipe (I think I have seen 999 different versions floating around on Pinterest, this week!) on this 5th of May (Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!), I am throwing my two cents in!
It’s been well documented thus far that I have a thing for rose water [as evidenced here, here, and here]. Rose water does really beautiful things for your skin (Although, maybe not so much in a cocktail…), has a calming effect ( ~ especially important in a cocktail!), and gives drinks in general a fresh, teeny bit floral, taste; if you’ve never had it, it’s lovely (and you should definitely try it!). Speaking of fresh, skinny margaritas – as they’re otherwise known – are one of my favorite warm weather drinks, and are light years away from the sour mix versions you tend to get in bars (Ewww, Yuck, Ick!). If you wanted to take an even lighter approach here, you could swap out the Grand Marnier for freshly squeezed orange juice too. The added heat meanwhile, is totally optional, but I like the way the jalapeño packs a punch up front while the rose water is quite subtle in the background; a very yin-yang mix. I am thinking that since today is a holiday, and a Monday at that, sipping on one [or more] of these would be a pretty (figuratively and literally) perfect way to celebrate and kick off the week, all-in-one!
- 3-Ounces White Tequila (Blanco) - Spicy, if Desired
- 1-Ounce Grand Marnier (or Other Orange-Flavored Liqueur)
- 2-Ounces Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-Ounce Rose Water (~ Make sure you use "food grade"!)
- (Optional) Splash of Cold Water - I like mine a little diluted : )
- For Garnish: Extra Lime Slices, Pink Himalayan Salt, Rosebuds, Jalapeño Slices
- If you want to spice your tequila, add a slice of jalapeño to a bottle or jar. The tequila will take on the flavor quickly, so you only need to let it marinate for an hour or two (if that), when using a small jar.
- Rim your glass with lime juice from the extra lime slices, and salt, if desired. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice and rose water. Shake well. Strain into glass.