Happy Friday! Who needs a drink? (I do!) I had this cocktail at a New Year’s party at Bayona, in New Orleans – a restaurant I highly recommend should you find yourself in NOLA. When looking at the ingredient list on the menu, I thought it might be a recipe for an instant headache. I decided to give-it-a-go, however, in the name of celebrating, and absolutely loved it (with no aches to report). The spirits required to make it are not exactly standard bar fare, but worth a purchase for a special occasion. The day I served it was full of sunshine yet this drink still managed to hit all of the right notes. Cheers to the weekend!
* I would also like to extend a special shout-out to Julianne Victoria at Through the Peacock’s Eyes for nominating me for a Sunshine Award. Thank You! *
- 1.5 Ounces Rathman Créme de Violette
- 1.5 Ounces Saint Germain Elderflower Liqueur (I used Elderflower Presse for less alcohol content - I recommend reducing the Lime Juice slightly in this case as the Presse has a lemony flavor)
- 1 Ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces Champagne
- Lime Wedges (or Edible Flowers) to Garnish
- Pour the Créme de Violette over ice in a tall glass. Add the St. Germain (or Presse) and lime juice, and top with Champagne. Garnish.